Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Rehearsal

We've been working now with duration. Apologies for the times we are out of the frame! Until we have a rehearsal videographer it's bound to happen . . .

Anyway, here's the shorter take, it runs just over 16 minutes:


And here's the longer run, over 35 minutes:


We would love any and all feedback! Particularly in regards to the difference in duration and in how you viewed it. Do you tune out at different points? Is there a rhyme or reason to when you tune out or to what brings you back in? What do you like or enjoy? What other thoughts or feelings enter your experience of viewing? What is this dance???

1 comment:

  1. Janet,

    Really good stuff. I only had time to watch the shorter clip. I really liked the interaction between dancers and the way the movements became more "exaggerated" and "interesting" as the dance continued. The last few minutes were my favorite. I did not have any loss of focus, my attention was held.

    For me thoughts and feelings of relationships are provoked here. Whether it be with friends, family, partner, etc. I get a sense of the way certain relationships become more or less important over time and then circle back. I get a sense of support and love followed by a sense of abandonment or replacement, although the abandonment in this clip doesn't strike me as very troubling. Just merely that at different moments different relationships move to the forefront, but the other relationships are always still there.

    Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete